OR WAIT null SECS
Information comes from a survey MedAxiom, an American College of Cardiology company, conveyed.
MedAxiom, an American College of Cardiology company, surveyed its members from March 24-28 to assess the effect of the COVID-19 outbreak on cardiovascular organizations. Representatives of 89 organizations responded. The majority (77.5%) have 11 or more cardiologists.
Here are some of the results:
• Between 50% and 75% of the respondents expected to see their organization’s second-quarter revenues drop by almost in half (47.3%). Between 25% and 50% of the respondents expected to see second-quarter revenues fall by a little over a third (37.8%).
• Between 25% and 50% of the respondents had put 29.9% of their staff on paid leave and 10.7% on unpaid leave.
• Over 20% of respondents have closed or are planning to close 50% or more of their clinics.
• Most programs are seeing a reschedule rate of between 50% to 75% in cardiovascular procedures. Between 25% and 50% have rescheduled close to half (42.5%) of their imaging studies.
• Nearly 70% of cardiovascular programs are utilizing advanced practice providers for telehealth services.