Intermountain Healthcare is forming a new value-based care company.
Called Castell, the company will offer a comprehensive platform of tools and services to support practice transformation and improvement. These resources will help all parts of the health ecosystem promote wellness for patients and excel within a value-based healthcare world.
“Intermountain has actively developed tools and initiatives to help providers and others successfully implement value-based care for years,” says Rajesh Shrestha, president and CEO of Castell. “Castell is one part of that work that we’re excited to officially share now."
The new company will offer a comprehensive platform of tools and services to support transformation and improvement:
- A proven value-based clinical care model called “Reimagined Primary Care”
- A technology and analytics platform to guide care
- Streamlined affiliated network management
- Digital tools to address virtual care, patient experience, and social determinants of health
- Access to cutting-edge initiatives and innovation coming out of Intermountain Healthcare
- Opportunity to utilize care pathways and clinical best practices developed by Intermountain Healthcare
“We continually see that without the right level of support, it is difficult for providers, health systems, payers, and others to thrive in a value-based healthcare world,” Shrestha says. “Intermountain’s day-to-day frontline experience and success in value-based care management programs make us uniquely prepared to extend our services to others through Castell. We are energized by this opportunity to simplify value-based care and help set the direction for the healthcare of the future.”